HATTON Family - Ruardean (General)

by Jim E Hatton @, Thursday, November 24, 2005, 04:54 (6731 days ago) @ Den

Hi Jenny,

Following up my cousin Den posting.

RobertH & Ankerett refered to by Den is a brother of my direct ancester PhillipH1746 & Jane Eddy. As Den stated we have SarahH with her children JamesH and JaneH(Griffiths) connected to RobertH & Ankerett although this may be incorrect Sarah. Sounds like you are a decendant of this Sarah ??

IGI batch C025811 has a SarahH bapt 1779 d/o RichardH & Ankarett, and also a SarahH bapt 1782 d/o ThomasH & Mary (Nelmes). The 1841C & 1851C have a SarahH with children JamesH & Jane, but age by C not conclusive. Both C's say widow, but this may have been a convenience, or if true could be neither of these Sarah's as she would be a wife of a Hatton. Only potential I see is a SarahH nee Nelmes who died in 1824 at age 40, obviously not on 1841C.

With reference to SarahH1782 d/o Thomas and Mary Nelmes, married in 1775. As you I have IGI list of 10 children including MaryH1782 & her son CorneliusH1808. I am unable to trace Thomas further back, but is likely ThomasHatton1739 s/o ThomasH & Elizabeth, but unable to find the father Thomas in the Hattons of Ruardean otherwise connected. The next entry in PR's to Thomas is JamesH1739 s/o RobertH & Elizabeth, brother of above RichardH/Ankarett.

Of the Hattons borne in 1640's my branch and another branch are only ones that I have found with "todays world" Hatton decendants. I believe the above Thomas branch is connected somehow, but have been unsuccesful doing so - incidently I have regular contact with one of Cornelius's decendants.

We clearly need further discussion on the family overall.

Jim

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread