Elizabeth EACUPS 1849 Littledean (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 15:49 (2703 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Hi MPG, hope you and yours are well, many thanks for your posts today which you hadn't posted when I started writing my first reply today (I was interrupted by a phonecall). Clearly we were both working/posting at the same time today so apologies if I've repeated your work, hopefully we both agree !. I couldn't fit my final offering into my original post today, which was going to be this;

While searching Ancestry for William Helps as per my previous post, the Ancestry site also pointed me towards this Baptism record which they feel is relevant;

Name: William Hampps
Baptism Date: 17 Mar 1816
Parish: Upton St Leonards, Gloucestershire, England
Parish as it Appears: Upton St Leonards
Father: Noah Hampps
Mother: Mary Hampps
Register Type: Parish Registers

In this instance the record HAS been incorrectly transcribed, the actual PR image is clearly "Hacupps". Another Ancestry user has suggested this equates to "Eacupps".

-------

So clearly it confirms MPG's cd Baptism record.

==============

Don, thanks for confirming where you are, I asked purely because it helps us to know your terms of reference when replying, especially with subjects like the local dialect, I hope my reply helped in that respect and the various links could be accessed in Canada. I studied Canada at some length at school, and met some members of the Calgary Youth Orchestra who performed there ( Royal FoD Grammar School, nr Coleford) while touring the UK in about 1977, so I've always had an interest in your country. Probably the best way for you to "hook up" about history is via these forum pages, as it would then become part of a useful database for others to benefit from and also contribute towards. Indeed, you can gain information about almost any subject pertaining to the Forest, including discussions about visiting from overseas, suggested tourist spots etc, the many cases of Foresters emmigrating for work, all just by searching this forum. If that doesn't help, then do please feel free to ask and we'll all do our best to help you. Not forgetting to also use the rest of this great website, such as the old maps and photo galleries, newspaper articles and e-books, etc etc, there's so much here for the finding !
Many thanks, Jeff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread