Samuel GOOD - & Edward in Lydney with GRIMES (General)

by Deb, Sunday, January 15, 2017, 02:16 (2659 days ago) @ unknown

Hi all from west Australia ... I came across this post when just doing some research into my family tree which I've been working on now since April last year. I recently got some help from Gloucestershire family history as I was stuck in particular with my 4 x great grandfather Edward Moore a waterman/bargemaster/mariner depending on what record you were looking at. He married Elizabeth Harvey and they had 3 daughters, Harriet Moore was my 3 x great grandmother and she married Charles Clark a timber merchant. His brother George marries her half sister Sophia and at one point they also live in Newent so have another tie there. Anyway Edward Moore died at 30 it turns out he died in a boxing match in 1822. His grandfather, father and brother all named George Moore drowned along with an Isaac Ball in 1797 when their barge the Betsey sank after taking on water during a gail. Edwards mother was Abigail Moore née Newton who after her husband George Moore died she married Moses Grimes. I've since been trying to work out what children she had with Moses and came across the baptisim of Mary Ann and although transcript says Abitha I did wonder if it could be Abigail as it's quite difficult to read and I can not find any such person as Abitha.

Although these posts were some years ago I'm hoping the lady from West Australia is still a member as too am from here and it's quite possible if this was Abigail my 5 x great grandmother we could be distantly related.

Bkesings
Deb

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread