James, Alfred & Eliza CONSTANCE; James NELMES c1860s (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 19:09 (3066 days ago) @ AlecF

Hello Jeff,

Thank you so much for that detailed information, which has enabled me to eliminate this person from my search.

It is interesting to see just how many Constances around Longhope were associated with the supply and crafting of wood. A researcher in the county archives is convinced there is a family connection.

"My" James Constance had a son, Alfred, from whom I am descended. Alfred had a sister Eliza, born around 1841, who married James Nelmes. The Nelmes family name has cropped up in this forum, and I would be interested in contacting whoever was enquiring. My grandmothe used to refer to a "Granny Nelmes" and I have a family wedding group in which she is included. Maybe anyone interested in the Nelmes family might like to contact me.

Best regards,
Alec.

Hi again Alec, you're very welcome for the info, sorry for my late reply, it looks like this is a very quiet time for the forum, spring weather etc no doubt.

I've just been searching around this site's PRs and also the GlosBMD database, but so far am having no luck trying to "place" the above family names. I also cannot find any definite records for James Constance with father Thomas as per your earlier post, certainly not in the Longhope area. I have also searched Ancestry for a census with the above family groups, but no luck, looking all around our general area. I'm afraid I am baffled at the moment.

Please can you clarify where they lived etc, the more info you can supply then the better chance we may be able to further help you. I belatedly see you've also posted under an old Nelmes/Hiles thread, which was wise, apologies if that carries additional info to aid your search, altho if it does I'm sure MPG will have utilised it far better than I can.

I do want to helps with your researches, as I'm sure do other forum members. However without more info especially places and approximate dates, then it's very difficult, although I'm very happy for someone else to prove me wrong !.

atb Jeff

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread