Thomas GREEN son of James GREEN and Esther (General)

by macast @, North Yorkshire, England, Tuesday, August 23, 2016, 11:25 (2796 days ago) @ Mike Pinchin

thanks Mike.... really good to get confirmation

really good to find someone else researching the same line. it helps enormously.

I do think that Esther is too old to have had Emily in 1849/50..... maybe this is daughter Eliza Ann's child.... as Eliza is only 15 in 1851 I would imagine a family would definitely want to hide the true identity of the mother.

Thomas Green is my OH Mike's gggrandfather.... but no photos have survived. but we do have a photo of Julia Green (Mike's ggrandmother) with her husband Alfred BARNARD and their 5 children. Julia really does look Italian so I was surprised to find that the Greens and Poyners were all from The Forest! do you have any photos of Louisa?

although Eliza POYNER was illegitimate, on her marriage entry to Thomas GREEN there is a named father as James PARRY (?)... I can't find a marriage for Elizabeth so I don't know who this is.

when looking through Mike's parent's family photos we found one of 4 young men.... one of them definitely looks like Julia.... do you have the same photo? there are no names written on the back

thanks again for confirmation of info..... and also letting me know that Mary Ann, William, and Joseph all died in infancy

regards Marcie

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread