Occupation; Stone Mason/Blacksmith (General)

by r haines, Friday, August 23, 2019, 12:51 (1701 days ago) @ Diane Ibell

I am looking for any information on a James Haynes/Haines 1840 occupation Blacksmith. I believe he married Harriet Palmer they had 4 children.

James's Father was also James Haynes/Haines occupation Stone Mason I think he was married to a Caroline Gwynell/Gingell.

I think his father was John Haynes/ Haines about 1781

Regards
Diane Ibell

Hi Diane,
I've been tracing my Haines ancestors for some while, just using Freecen, parish records and the LDS website.
My records have James Haines 1816-1849 married to Caroline Gwynell 1819- living in Mynyddbach, Shirenewton, a stonemason and their children, James 1840 Sarah 1842, Elijah 1844-1847,Susannah 1846-, Abraham 1847.
James father was John Haines Snr. 1774 and mother Susanna !773 living at Devauden green.
John Haines was a stonemason and the owner of land in Devauden and also a tenant of lands of His Grace the Duke of Beaufort (Welsh tythe Maps 1841). He also owned the Masons Arms,(see Web site) Devauden Green around 1800
John Jnr.,married Ann James and had several children, one of whom was Oliver 1842-1900, listed and known to be a stonemason (I think most of the family were) living at Mynyddbach. One of his children was Arthur, my grandfather 1872-1937. His son, my father
together with two daughters were born at Mynyddbach
I hope this will give some encouragement. Also be interested to know if you are connected.
Best wishes Richard Haines,Cowbridge,Vale of Glamorgan

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread