MATTHEWS/BLANCH marriage 1889 (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 03:00 (3974 days ago) @ troyta

Hi Troyta,
unfortunately you won't find a Parish Record for this Marriage as it was performed in a Registry Office, so beyond the scope of this site's PRs. If you search the Gloucester Archives database you'll find this Record:

Groom Surname Groom Forename Bride Surname Bride Forename District Parish Building Year Register Entry
MATTHEWS Thomas BLANCH Maud Forest of Dean Westbury-on-Severn (FoD) Register Office 1889 9 25

For info, GlosBMD also has the following Births:

Child Surname Child Forename Father Surname Mother Surname Mother's Former Name Year District Office Register Entry
MATTHEWS Thomas Reed MATTHEWS MATTHEWS REED 1867 Forest of Dean Westbury on Severn, Newnham 28 368

Child Surname Child Forename Father Surname Mother Surname Mother's Former Name Year District Office Register Entry
BLANCH Maude BLANCH BLANCH NASH 1870 Forest of Dean Monmouth, Coleford 26 355

It's always worth trying this GlosBMD site as it occasionally has additional BMDs beyond those in this FoDFH site ie Registry Office events etc, plus unlike FreeBMD Marriage Index it also gives the precise Church/Chapel the event took place as well as the general District. Another great advantage over FreeBMD is it can cope with name spelling variations. In my searches I always use all these resources together.
http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/bmd/MainMenu.aspx

Hope this helps, sorry I couldn't give you more detailed information. I can't find Thomas' Baptism in this FoD PRs either, perhaps the Family were Non-Conformists or just not Churchgoers ?
Glos Archives website also have what I call their Non Conformist Database
http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/genealogy/Search.aspx
This site's also good at automatically offering spelling variations against the inputted name, handy for Matthews, and like GlosBMD lists the results for easy browsing. However, despite there being several Thomas Matthews listed, again I cannot find yours b1867. That said, I recommend you perform your own searches too.

I must say it sounds to me like you've found their Shipping Record, assuming of course they are "missing" from the following UK Census' and so on. I guess you're doubting it as they're not listed together on the same page, my thoughts too, but ??

Good luck !

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread