Thomas MATTHEWS - 1891 in East Dean (General)

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 07:12 (3974 days ago) @ troyta

Thanks for your help, but this is not my g grandfather. He appears in the 1891 census with his family at Ruardean Hill. This is why I am trying to find out if the marriage bet. Thomas Matthews and Maud Blanch was indeed my g grandfather. While the marriage occurred in 1889, my g grandfather is with his family in 1891, and no wife is there. However, the family story I have been told is that they did not get along, he tried to get out of the marriage, but she wouldn't let him go. I've thought perhaps that this is why her name is listed separately from his on the ship manifest to the US in 1891. I guess the only way I'll find out is by ordering the marriage record. Perhaps the record belongs to this Thomas and Maud and not to my g grandfather at all.

Your Thomas is an Insurance Agent, on Ruardean Hill, born Ruardean Hill
This Thomas is a Pub landlord in Upper Soudley / Bradley Hill born near Ludlow,on the Herefordshire/Shropshire border with a wife Maud

Possible Thomas from Ludlow area:=
1871 Bennetts End in Cainham
Benjamin Mathews 33
Mary A Mathews 32
Thomas Mathews 6
Samuel Mathews 3
Benjamin Mathews 8 Months
Charlotte Whatmore 11

Benjamin Mathews abt 1826 Bitterley, Shropshire, England Head Cainham, Shropshire
Mary Anne Mathews abt 1836 Bitterley, Shropshire, England Wife Cainham, Shropshire
Thomas Mathews abt 1865 Bitterley, Shropshire, England Son Cainham, Shropshire
Samuel Mathews abt 1868 Bitterley, Shropshire, England Son Cainham, Shropshire
William Mathews abt 1874 Bitterley, Shropshire, England Son Cainham, Shropshire
Ernest Mathews abt 1878 Bitterley, Shropshire, England Son Cainham, Shropshire

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread