John LOVERIDGE of Pauntley, born 1742 (General)

by RichardFranklin @, Monday, January 06, 2014, 15:49 (3763 days ago) @ Loveridge

Hello,
I am researching the history of my home, Baldwins Oak Farm, Castle Tump ,Newent, situated non the opposite side of the road to Aylesmore Farm. I have found that several Loveridges leased or owned the property from 1679 when John Loveridge together with Thomas Tomlins and others leased the property from John Hooke whose family had lived there since before 1598. John Loveridge is again mentioned as sole lessee from 1690 -98,and following the death of John Hooke, John Loveridge and his son (also called John?) purchased the property. Mortgage paid 24th November 1701. The next date mentioned in the deed is 10th October 1761 - Mortgage John Loveridge with Mr. J. Clarke. Then there are records of John, Richard and William Loveridge at various dates up to 1814.

Clearly there were several members of the family who owned and / or were resident at Baldwins Oak during that 100+ years. The question is whether they were your ancestors! I had found that there were several John Loveridges living at that time in various fairly local places (dimmock, Redmarley, pauntley, Botloes Green, Newent, Ledbury.

Can you shed any light on whether it was your ancestors who owned Baldwins Oak for so long?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread