Communicating with other forum members (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Saturday, January 18, 2014, 16:08 (3751 days ago) @ RichardFranklin

Hi Richard,
please may I suggest you edit your post to remove your email address, or rewrite it in such a way that an automated reader device will struggle to find and decipher it, some say write AT instead of @ but I'm not convinced this still works; don't forget this free public forum can be read by anyone around the world including automated computers built to find & record personal details such as email addresses. Otherwise you may find yourself suffering a barrage of junk & spam emails, some of which may possibly contain damaging viruses. I'm sorry but this is a fact of internet life, my old pc suffered an irrepairable hard-drive failure due to such an instance(NOT via this site btw). You can send private info to another forum member and in a confidential/secure format by clicking their blue user name. This sends an email direct to their computer inbox - particularly usefull if trying to contact someone within an old thread, they may not still be an active forum user (also shown by clicking their blue username) so would be less likely to see a new post.

http://forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?id=9711

I hope this helps, please keep posting and enjoying this great site.
Happy Hunting, Jeff.

NOTE TO ADMIN.In the unlikely event it's not on the "to-do list", please note the above "Must Read" post contains defunct hyperlinks including one about displaying personal email addresses.

ADMIN. The links have now been updated.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread