John LOVERIDGE of Pauntley, born 1742 (General)

by Loveridge @, Wednesday, January 08, 2014, 15:24 (3761 days ago) @ RichardFranklin

Hello Richard. I can say that I am related to most (if not all) of the Loveridges who lived in Dymock, Pauntley, Newent, Tibberton, Taynton and Churcham. Briefly my direct ancestors lived at Normansland, Dymock until about 1630 when they moved to Aylesmore Farm; in approx. 1766 they moved to Lilly Hall near Ledbury, this house was sold by the family in 1909. The brother of my gt-gt-gt-gt-gt grandfather John L("Gentleman of Alylesmore") was Willian L senior, born 1706 Pauntley, who married Anne Hall (the sister of the well known Pauncefoot Hall); one of his sons was Richard L born 1750 Pauntley who indeed lived at Baldwyns Oak - he retired to, and died 1823 at, Daffaluke, Herefordshire but was buried at Newent. He had two wives who gave him eleven daughters and three sons. Of these sons, William L born 1787 in Newent farmed at Winters Farm, Oxenhall. I only have that one record of my family having lived at Baldwyns Oak. However, The Loveridges that you mention are almost certainly my direct ancestors, ie John L born 1642 of Aylesmore, his son John L born 1673 of Aylesmore and his son John L born 1702 of Aylesmore; the Richard L that you mention is as above and the William L must be his son who may well have moved from Baldwyns Oak to Winters Farm in 1814. Up till now I have focussed on the threads of my family, ie births, marriages and deaths and have not yet looked closely at properties; however I know that my ancestors who lived at Aylesmore owned several properties which were leased out. I will of course be most interested to receive more details. As I live in Brighton we are some distance from you; in April 2013 we did visit Newent, Aylesmore, Pauntley, Dymock, Venn Mill and Oxenhall to look at my ancestors' houses and graves (as well as the daffodils!). For your information I hold a cannon ball that was shot by Cromwell's troops at Aylesmore! John Loveridge

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread