John & Mary Palmer of Flaxley Grove (Parish Records)

by kathg42 @, Friday, August 02, 2013, 22:34 (3891 days ago) @ m p griffiths

Thank you Marilyn

It's taken me awhile to digest the fabulous info you found re Palmers at Flaxley
and I thank you wholeheartedly.

I have been sent a catalogue for the selling of Grove Farm in 1871 by a Mrs Palmer. It lists everything even to the names of the cows & horses !

My need now is to find which Mrs Palmer she was.
I thought it might have been the Edwin Palmers but found on FoD records they d. in 1868 & 1869 - bur. Flaxley.
The youngest son Joseph d. 1876 bur. WoS but I can't find his wife Ann [Bellamy] Palmer's d.

Could you search census records for Grove Farm Flaxley for Palmers for me please? I can't find any way of putting Grove Farm in a census search. In another thread 'Slowhands' found Palmers at Temple Farm for a researcher. http://www.forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?id=2782

The will of John Palmer d.1812
arrived last week in which he left his estate to wife & son John (- 12 at the time. He's the one who lived at the Temple).

The land bequeathed in the will was:-

'...all and singular

those my several Nurseries Pieces or Parcels

of Land together with the Stock and Trees growing

and being thereon and all the other Trees Planted

by me situate lying standing and being at or

near a Place called the Camp and adjoining the

Road leading from the Plough to Littledean

in the said County And also all that my

Garden or Nursery with the Stocks and Trees

standing and growing therein situate and being

at a Place called the Grove Stile and Tibbs Cross

in the Hundreds of Saint Briavells in the said County of Gloucester...'

Unfortunately the will does not mention Grove Farm. Maybe it wasn't called that then? On one pedigree chart I was given it says JP 'of Flaxley Court' & on another 'of Flaxley Grove'. It's very confusing to an outsider. I have seen ref to The Camp in BH online. I guess what I need is a plan of these farms. Any light you can throw on the situation of Grove Farm would be appreciated.

I'm happy to send copies of my FH to FoD FHT.

Kath

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread