Son of Major CP Ackers OBE ? (General)

by John Studley @, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 19:15 (3894 days ago) @ John Martin

Every so often I feed my name into google to check my cyberspace profile, so today my curiosity was piqued to find I was mentioned in the same "breath" as Major Ackers.

In common with John Martin I was a beneficiary of the forestry legacy of Major CP Ackers. I am also indebted to Trevor Edmondson and Emrys Jones for their efforts in trying to turn an urban public school boy into a student forester

My forestry experience on Huntley Manor Estate provided me with an excellent basis and cultural context for Community Forestry in Nepal and eventually a doctorate in Tibetan ethno-forestry practice. In a week I am off to NW Yunnan to conduct a bio-cultural audit of a natural sacred site in the foothills of the KawaKarpo Mountain Range.

I have good memories of many of the characters John Martin mentions. I think the name of the big guy from main street was Graham Jones but I have no recollection of his JW mate's name.

I regret having so little contact since I left Huntley. I was short-listed for an EU project and they required testimonials from all my previous employers. I wrote to and heard back from Mrs Freeman, who mentioned then that Emrys Jones was living in the village.

Thank you John Martin for including me in this site

Dr John Studley
PhD MA OND CGeog FRGS

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread