WW1 SAUNDERS family soldiers, Lydney; help please ? (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Sunday, March 11, 2018, 17:09 (2237 days ago) @ Jefff

I'm hoping all this data will help us plot a tree to show how the various WW1 Saunders soldiers are related. This is one instance where it could be very helpful to be able to look on Ancestry for any public trees which may guide us.

???

Hi all, just wanted to "bump" this thread back up the forum, in the hope we can maybe find all the various SAUNDERS boys from Lydney who bravely served in WW1. As my earlier post show, this extended family has been visited a few times over the years. However trying to tie the various threads and families together, or not, has proved rather tricky for me as I'm unable to give enough time to plot the various family trees and hopefully link them together. Critically I do not currently have access to Ancestry so cannot consult any Public Trees they may have which could give fast and useful guidance.

The thread's originator Pauline posted

Hi all
An anybody help with a query from the ww1 as a family we have decided to visit great an great great uncles grave in northern France there are 12 of us going and it will be our uncles 100th anniversary on the 22nd March 2018 his name was Victor saunders he was killed in action on 22nd March 1918.living in Lydney with his parents. We have all the details on this an no where heis buried. I am looking to see if anyone else in our family tree also was killed in action.
Thank you very much. X

I'm hoping this query may be helped by anyone who's currently subscribed to Ancestry (so not me), as I can't help thinking it may have public trees that may give some clues to link the various Saunders families together. Please, if anyone can help with this, I'm sure Pauline would be grateful before her family visits France in a few weeks. If you think you can help, please take care to read the rest of this thread, as a lot of the groundwork research has been done already.

Many thanks, Jeff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread