WW1 SAUNDERS family soldiers, Lydney; help please ? (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Thursday, October 25, 2018, 16:09 (2012 days ago) @ pauline anne

Hi Pauline and family,
so sorry to hear your husband's been ill, we hope he's on the mend now.

Thanks so much for taking the time to update us. It's great you all had a good trip to the various sites, wow ! what an itinerary your nephew put together. I've visited some of those places, but not in a dedicated WW1 trip, but as a part of our drive home from our annual summer holidays in southern or western France. Just visiting one in a day can be so emotional, so I can well imagine such a tour being both interesting and very humbling and at times intense for you all. Especially well-done for taking and involving the little ones. We read so much negative press these days regarding some young adults not remembering or respecting the brave boys and girls who gave them the freedom they take for granted, it's great that yours will wear their poppies with real family pride.

I do hope you find a photo of your Uncle Victor. I can't remember, did we discuss searching for him in the old local newspapers, during WW1 they often carried small photos of individual soldiers when they were posted as missing ?

Thanks again, best wishes to you and yours, including Victor and his mates, from all of us on the forum and website.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread