WW1 SAUNDERS family soldiers, Lydney; help please ? (General)

by pauline anne @, Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 10:26 (2013 days ago) @ Jefff

Hi Jeff and all
Owing to my husbands illness I have not been in touch to give you an update on our visit to our great uncle and our great great uncle Victor Saunders resting place. We visited his grave along with the graves of other brave men from the Gloucester regiment they were all laid side by side the day we visited was the 100th anniversary of there deaths. We also visited graves of all the other braver service men that lost their lives in the Great War. It was a very emotional time. We done a service of our own with grandchildren nieces and nephews that each said a short passage that put all our thought into words. We have tried to get a photo of uncle Victor to complete our tour but up to now have had no luck my son has contacted the Gloucesters Miltary museum but they are unable to find one. Has anyone an suggestion please where I could next try. We are visiting Lydney Cross on remberance Sunday to show our respect to all servicemen especially the brave men of Lydney and the Gloucester regimentt. A picture of him would b wonderful to see as we lay our wreath of Poppy’s. I have put a program of our tour that we followed this was put together by my nephew who also drove us there and back. It is very interesting reading if anyone would lik a full copy please let me know.

Thursday 22nd March 2018

Peronne Communal Cemetery Extension
Military cemetery in Peronne, France
Rues des Platanes 80200 Peronne, France

Somme 1916 Museum
History museum in Albert, Somme, France
Rue Anicet Godwin 80300 Albert, France

Lochnagar mine
D20, 80300 Ovillers-la-Boisselle, France
Mametz Wood Memorial (WW1) (Welsh)

The Tank Corps Memorial
Route de Bapaume,D929, 80300 Pozieres, France