Littledean School Records - Glos Archives ? (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Thursday, April 10, 2014, 20:52 (3675 days ago) @ dink999

Wow Dink,
crikey now that's what you call a FAST service, what an amazing forum this is, and what a kind chap you are !!
Thanks.

Also thanks for clarifying the website's notes, it seems that what I thought meant "Glos Archive Researcher undertaking needed" actually meant ANY researcher, not just one of theirs.
Please, do you have to carry some form of Researcher "certification" to do this research, fair enough if you do, or can any one such as me or Christopher do so, having given usual proof of address etc of course ?

Finally, I know from reading their site they have a couple of documents which would be of great family interest to me, and I gather I'm allowed to photograph them if I visit.
Do you happen to know whether they have a facility to scan them, at my cost, so producing a far better image ?.
Do they permit researchers to take scanners into the archive ? - I guess not, altho mine is only laptop size so maybe ?. Better still, could they do this for me in my absence and email the image, again at my expense of course.

Any advice you can spare would be greatly appreciated, please. Due to an ongoing health issue I'm very shy to visit the Archives in person, as much as I would dearly like to. I have emailed them asking the above questions but no reply yet, any comments you'd share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jeff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread