WINDE, Nathaniel of Tidenham married Susan BEVAN (Parish Records)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, September 07, 2016, 01:38 (2759 days ago) @ NickiGeni

Hello,
Greetings from the US, this is my first post here! I am very lucky to have had a distant relative create an extensive family tree, and I am continuing her research. My Wind/Winde/Winds ancestors came from Tidenham. They were sawyers. We have been able to go as far back to Nathaniel's father and Mother (Richard and Jane).

I do not have a spouse for Nathaniel Winde, son of Richard and Jane (nee Perkins).

Nathaniel was baptized 10 DEC 1714 in Tidenham, and died in July 1785 in Tidenham. He had 9 children with unknown spouse. I would like to know who his wife (wives?) was. I checked the parish link, but could not find a spouse listed.

Thank you, Nicki

Hi Nicki and a very warm welcome to this great website and friendly forum.
It's gone 1am here in the UK and I've already spent too long today enjoying the site, but until tomorrow this should help you. Searching the PRs I've found this Marriage Record, how does that fit your known timeframe of Baptisms etc ?;

Record_ID 56946
Entry_Number
Year 1769
Month May
Day 23
Grooms_Surname WINDE
Grooms_Forenames Nathaniell
Grooms_Age
Groom_Condition
Grooms_Occupation
Grooms_Residence
Grooms_Fathers_Surname
Grooms_Fathers_Forenames
Grooms_Fathers_Occupation
Brides_Surname BEVAN
Brides_Forenames Susan
Brides_Age
Brides_Condition
Brides_Occupation
Brides_Residence
Brides_Fathers_Surname
Brides_Fathers_Forenames
Brides_Fathers_Occupation
Licence_or_Banns
Date_of_Banns
Signature_or_Mark
Witness_1
Witness_2
Other_Witnesses
Officiating_Minister
Event Marriage
Memoranda
Notes Not in PR's
Register_Reference GDR V1/245
Page_Number
Parish_Chapel Tidenham
Soundex_Groom W530
Soundex_Bride B150

From the available PRs this Baptism looks the best available fit for Susan. I cannot readily find her Burial, assuming she didn't remarry.
??

Record_ID: 261250
Entry_Number:
Year: 1750
Month: Apr
Day: 11
Parents_Surname: BEVAN
Child_Forenames: Susanna
Fathers_Forenames: James
Mothers_Forenames:
Mothers_Surname:
Residence:
Officiating_Minister:
Event: Baptism
Memoranda: daughter of
Notes:
Register_Reference: P333/1 IN 1/1
Page_Number:
Parish_Chapel: Tidenham
Soundex: B150

As you know Nathaniel Sr b1714 had a son Nathaniel b1742.
However I also find this Baptism Record from 1790, which at first glance seems to match the above Marriage, until I remember that Nathaniel Sr appears to have died in 1785 !
Is it just a coincidence that Nathaniel Jr also marries a Susan, or ???...

Record_ID: 364917
Entry_Number:
Year: 1790
Month: Feb
Day: 21
Parents_Surname: WINDE
Child_Forenames: Nathaniel
Fathers_Forenames: Nathaniel
Mothers_Forenames: Susan
Mothers_Surname:
Residence:
Officiating_Minister:
Event: Baptism
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: GDR V1/245
Page_Number:
Parish_Chapel: Tidenham
Soundex: W530

Clearly this search needs more work, unless you can already explain the above conundrum ?. I've also had a very quick look at the LDS / Familysearch site, but cannot see an obviosu solution.
It might be worth re-searching this site's PRs, using the excellent Advanced Search feature, which allows searches uisng the barest of input name info, such as just initials to accommodate unlikely name-spelling variants, sometimes ticking the Soundex box doesn't always work as we might think it should.

More tomorrow hopefully, Jeff.

PS Meanwhile, have you browsed around the rest of this excellent website ?, eg the old photos, documents, newpaper articles, Wills and Inquests etc etc.

PPS A quick websearch of Nathaniel's name gave this FH webpage for him and his family, which appears to support my earlier findings re Susan Bevan. Have you seen this site before ?.
http://www.kempfamilyhistory.com/getperson.php?personID=I36519&tree=adkemp

Also this one https://www.geni.com/people/Nathaniel-Wynes/6000000002814802321

----------------

UPDATED 7 September after MPG's helpful post (below).
I did wonder that the above 1769 Marriage was rather late in the life of Nathaniel Sr b1714, I now guess this marriage is at best his second, or perhaps more likely relates to his son Nathaniel Jr born 1742, as per my post below.
Sorry for confusing things, thanks MPG !

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread