Thomas NASH born in 1700s and his descendants (General)

by Clements Tump @, Lowestoft, Friday, March 09, 2018, 23:30 (2237 days ago) @ Matthewtanash

I am a little confused.
This is in reply to several posts.
Matthewtanash says that Richard Nash b1779 was the son of Richard, b1746 and Mary Harrison, b1749 married 1767 in Newland. This marriage is not on FoD, or FamilySearch, but a Richard Nash-Elizabeth Morse marriage Newland 21.11.1767 is in FamilySearch (no fathers’ details) and ancestry (do not subscribe so can’t open the entry).
The only baptism I can find (on FamilySearch) for a Richard Nash baptised in 1779 is Richard Skillicorne/s Nash baptised 2.2.79 in Cowley, which is halfway between Cheltenham and Cirencester on the other side of the Severn from the Dean Forest, with his parents are given as Thomas and Elizabeth. Can this be the right Richard Nash? It seems too far way. If this is not right, where can I find baptisms etc? Was there another Richard Nash baptised in 1779, but where? There is no Richard Nash baptised 1779 on FoD site, or on genealogy/findmypast.
Unfortunately, the marriage details of Richard Nash & Mary James do not give fathers' names, so the connection is unproven.

However, MPGriffiths has the Richard Nash (b1746) who married Elizabeth Morse on 21.11.1767 at Newland as the son of Thomas Nash.
My understanding is:
Thomas Nash, witness to marriage of Anne Nash & John Jones 1762 (is Anne the sister of Thomas?)
Has a son

Richard Nash b1746 marries Elizabeth Morse in Newland 21.11.1767. In FoD and FamilySearch but fathers’ names not stated
or
Richard Nash b1746 marries Mary Harrison in Newland 28.9.1767. In FoD and FamilySearch but fathers’ names not stated

One of these marriages produces a daughter Eleanor b1776 and then a son:

Richard Nash b 1779, marries Mary James b1783 on 2.11.1809. In FoD but fathers’ names not stated. They have 10 children, incliding James, my gggrandfather.

Any ideas which is the right Richard getting married in Newland in 1767?

Have joined the Nash group but Yahoo does not seem to like me not having a yahoo email address!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread