Taylor (Parish Records)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 16:32 (1583 days ago) @ cassandra

Hi Cassandra, and a warm welcome to the forum.
Must be quick for now, but after a quick and largely fruitless look at a few online databases, my first thoughts are;
1. I'm not disputing the name given on the Marriage certificate, but please bear in mind that this is merely a record of what Annie told the minister on that day. I've seen plenty of examples within my own trees and within queries on this forum where adults have given a different name at their marriage, perhaps formally adopting a petname over their baptised name, and also adding completely new second names, perhaps in recognition of a recently departed father or mother.
2. Regarding her also using the name Amy - how certain are you of this as fact ?. Have you seen the actual images of the various census etc records, or just transcriptions ?
3. Please clarify the beautiful scenario you give - do you have any reason to think this is your ancestor, perhaps handed down thro the famnily ?. Or is it the results of you tracing an Edwin Taylor of Cheltenham you found in the records ?. (I see this is not a rare name at all)

Thanks for now, Jeff.

---

As you know FreeBMD has;

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page
Marriages Dec 1892 (>99%)
TAYLOR Annie Abbott Cheltenham 6a 886
VENN Charlie Albert Cheltenham 6a 886
WELCH Ellen Cheltenham 6a 886
Young Walter James Cheltenham 6a 886

Confirmed by GlosBMD, which shows why no Church records;

Marriage Details
Groom Surname Groom Forename Bride Surname Bride Forename District Parish Building Year Register Entry
VENN Charlie Albert TAYLOR Annie Abbott Cheltenham Cheltenham Register Office 1892 28 26

More to follow...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread