Julia PARRY - COLLINS nee JENKINS 1849-1932 Ruspidge (General)

by CINDERFORD PARRY/COLLINS @, Friday, March 29, 2019, 13:17 (1989 days ago) @ slowhands

Hi. I am Philip Collins, the grandson of Frederick Arthur Collins about whom my family have little knowledge. I have the following facts and questions arising:

The Amman Valley Chronicle and East Carmarthen News – Thursday December 7th 1914

The Tumble Colliery Fatality. Haulier Sustains Death-dealing Kick.
An inquest was held by Mr. W. W. Brodie at Tumble (near Llanelly), concerning the death of Frederick Arthur Collins (38), 76, High Street, Tumble, a colliery haulier, who was found dead in a stable. Henry Parry, St. John's, Cinderford, a step-brother of the deceased, said he last saw Collins four months ago.

The funeral took place on Friday at the Parish Church at Llannon. Deceased leaves a widow (Virginia Evonial Blanche Collins nee Llewellyn) and three young children (Frederick Llewellyn Victor Collins, Leoline Handel Llewellyn Collins [my father], and Harry Parry Gleeford Collins).

From the above, it would seem Frederick Arthur Collins was born circa 1876.

It is known in the family that Frederick’s mother was named Julia and lived in the Cinderford area. Why isn’t Frederick Arthur Collins listed on forum data for 1881 when he would have been around 5 years old?

What was Thomas Collins doing in America in 1881?

What is known of Thomas Collins’ death before Julia remarried William James Parry in 1883?

I note that William Parry abt 1846 was recorded as being in Llanelly (near Tumble), Glamorgan in 1901.

Any help and information gratefully appreciated!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread